Monday, December 10, 2012

happiness is...

happiness is, happiness is,
different things to different people!
that's what happiness is.

(yes, i stole that from a camp song, and no, i'm not embarrassed.)

these are a few things that happiness is to me...
  • eating too much at a hibachi restaurant
  • truly surprising someone you love
  • enjoying a nice dinner with coworkers
  • reading through a sky mall magazine 
  • (& laughing hysterically at all the ridiculous things they sell!)
  • realizing it's 5:30 on a weekday and turning off my computer
  • watching LOST with my family
  • sleeping in on the weekends
  • eating delicious cookies even though i know i shouldn't
  • changing into comfy clothes (hello, nike shorts...)
  • walking on the beach - preferably w/ andrew ;)
  • & finding a blog that inspires me
...what is happiness to you???

11 comments:

  1. hi Emma! Welcome to the world of blogging! :)
    I'm Sarah and I'm from Tell Me About it Tuesday link up! I'm also a new follower. so nice to meet you! Can't wait to read about your wedding planning!

    I'm at loveeesarah.blogspot.com~ would love to have you stop by!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of this!!! especially finding blogs that inspire! good luck with wedding planning! such a fun time!! let me know if you need help with anything at all blog related. For real, i love it!

    thanks so much for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, girl! you stole my heart when I realized that I'm not the only one who reads through the Sky Mall Magazines! :) My hubby makes fun of me for it, but there is some really great Shiz in there! LOL! Glad to meet ya! I'm a new fan from the Tuesday blog hop! Just love your little blog design and your topic today. I would say that happiness for me is all of the above, including: the moment every day when you get to take off that pesky bra, midnight runs to Taco Bell, traveling to some place exotic, and the smell of a crackling fireplace around Christmas. Oh, and twinkies. Dang hostess for ending an era of happiness for me. :) Happy Tuesday new amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emma,
    Came across your blog from the Tell Me About it Tuesday link up today and I am so glad I did. I can relate to many of your happiness is items, but my favorite is 'realizing it's 5:30 on a weekday and turning off my computer.' That is the best! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband capital L loves Skymall.

    A few of mine:
    -putting my pajamas on and taking my bra off
    -Sleeping in past 7
    -laying with my dogs
    -A perfectly cooked steak
    -vacation

    Came over from Tell Me About it Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog. I'd love for you to come check out my blog, maybe we could follow each other?
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love surprises, that would be in my top 5 list :) Thanks for sharing this, we need to all take time to remember the happy things

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great list, i think its impt. to reflect on things that we are happy for!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaaaaand this post makes me happy :) along with... coffee. puppies. pink nails. and Christmas lights :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!! What's better than laughing at sky mall products while on a long flight? I love doing this after a couple glasses of wine on the plane:)

    ReplyDelete