Thursday, January 31, 2013

why i blog

we all know (or maybe you don't know) that it started
as a way to document my wedding plans. and it has been that!
but it's also grown into so much more...

even though i'm still new to all of this,
and i'm still getting used to custom designs, domains, advertising, etc.
i already appreciate the blogging community so much.

they are real people behind each of these blogs,
and whether you write about food, fashion, kids, or a little bit of everything,
i say "more power to you!"

i want to be someone who supports her fellow bloggers,
rather than competes with them.

i want to be someone who doesn't care whether she gets
15 comments on a post, or 0.

i want to be someone who writes about what truly interests me,
not what i think people will want to read.

...i'm not saying that i'm going to be this person 100% of the time,
but at least i can try!

also, i want my readers (all 70 of you... insane!)
to know that i appreciate you more than words can say.
when i started this blog, i honestly couldn't have imagined
just how much i would grow to love it.

so THANK YOU for caring even slightly about my little space,
and please let me know if there is ever anything i can do
to make you feel more welcome!

14 comments:

  1. Ah great post :) I feel the same way.

    And I too started my blog to document my wedding! But it turned into so much more!

    Stephanie
    http://sharelovealways.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 71 now! ;)

    Love your sweet blog and the reasons you blog! I love following people just like you...real, genuine girls who blog for them...not for sponsors all the time or for giveaways. I love learning about my favorite bloggers and seeing their day to day lives! Can't wait to read more from you! :) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading your blog -- so glad I found you! I love using blogging as a way to document life, too. It's always fun to look back on great experiences and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! You are so sweet and real and that is the reason why I'm following you and reading your blog. I love that you want to be the person who can write a post for yourself and not care if you have zero comments or twenty. Also, you're now at 72 darlin'! I'm excited to continue reading your blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! These are all great reasons to blog! It's funny how we all start our blogs for one reason or another, and it becomes so much more than you could ever imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I think anyone can relate well to it! I found your blog through Simple Clarke- The design is precious! I am a new follower and am looking forward to tagging along on your journey to becoming a wife! It truly is the very best of the best in life! :) I am a new blogger and new wife trying to process all we are learning in this chapter :) http://lovelaughterhappyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is refreshing, kudos to you I totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! Totally agree with what you said about SUPPORTING bloggers and not COMPETING with them! I feel like that's one of the things I hate most about blogging... There can be so many caddy girls! Good to see not everyone is like that though :) Breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome post girl. seriously spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's funny how you start blogging for some simple reason and then you discover all these amazing girls and build relationships. I am excited to follow your wedding journey... It's such a fun time! Enjoy every minute and don't stress too much :)

    Where are you moving to in Texas??

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a sweet post Emma! I'm with you all the way :) I really got into blogging when I started forming friendships with the girls behind the blogs I visited. It's such an awesome blogging community when we want it to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I am just getting started as well it is very confusing!

    Jessica
    http://perfumeandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete