Wednesday, February 27, 2013

in honor of my birthday

(which is today... woot woot 23!)

i thought i would write a letter to my younger self,
chronicling a few of the things i wish i had known earlier.

the first, and most important, is:
life is so much bigger than boys.

i can't even tell you how many boys i liked
(read: was infatuated with)
before i finally met one who was worthy of my affections.
hi babe!

secondly, i would have to say:
be kind to your parents.

one day they will let you live at home for free and save oodles of ca$h money.
also, they're pretty cool for always supporting you
and making sure you know that you can do anything you put your mind to.

next up is:
enjoy each stage of life while you're in it
(or don't grow up too soon).

before you know it, you will have a full-time job,
and you will long for the carefree days of high school and college.

 ...that's all i've got for now, but i think those are pretty good ones.
p.s. i bought a custom domain yesterday,
so if things are a little weird around these parts, i'm sorry!
 photo signaturecopy_zps0650f770.jpg

16 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY!!!! Hope you have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Being 24 I totally agree with your notes to your younger self :) I wish I would've been better about saving when I was still living at home. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Well said! Oh how carefree I was...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy BIrthday Emma!!! I hope you enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Have a fabulous birthday =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Emma! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Happy birthday! :) Mine was yesterday. Hooray for Feb babies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, sweet girl! And congratulations on the custom domain! I hope you have the best day ever :) 23 has been my best year so far, and I hope it's your best, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have an awesome day. And yes- not rushing onto the next stage is a lesson I keep having to reteach myself as it is so easy to not live in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Emma, enjoy your day!!

    lacey
    sunnyandturquoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are having a great Birthday Emma!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday sweet girl!

    xo, Courtney
    shabbyloveschic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday!> What did you do to buy a blog domain. I am looking into it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Emma! I loved all of your thoughts to your younger self and agree with them 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely wish I was more kind toward my mother as a teenager. I caused her some serious gray hair!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete