Friday, March 22, 2013

my love affair... with food

sooo i think it's time i get something off my chest here.
time to just be super open and honest with you guys.

promise you'll still be my friend?
great.

i have an all-consuming love affair

...with food.

seriously, though, this is not a joke.
eating delicious food is one of the highlights of my life.

this is what happens when you google "delicious food"

if this sounds strange or pathetic to you,
you should probably go ahead and stop reading.

the thing is, people always say "emotional eating is bad"
but eating is always emotional for me...

if something tastes good, i'm incredibly happy,
and if something doesn't taste good, i'm incredibly disappointed.
& i don't see this changing anytime soon.

which leads me to my next point...

dieting.

how am i supposed to "diet" when i feel this way about food?
it feels like i'm cutting a most beloved friend out of my life.

please disregard the creepy woman above

most days, i don't even have the strength to try.
do you guys feel this internal struggle?

which means that my "diet" (which i wanted to start around new years)
has been a complete and utter FAILURE.

...but i don't think it's my fault.
it's all food's fault.

1) for being so delicious that i don't want to resist.
2) for loving me and not wanting me to leave it behind
as i venture onward to a healthier lifestyle.

i mean, what would you do?
(besides "get up off your feet and let go of every excuse"... city high, anyone?)

 photo signaturecopy_zps0650f770.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, I could've written this, too. Diet food just doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I feel like everyone in blog world is so healthy and dieting/exercising, and I'm just here like "mmmm macaroni and cheese". I'm trying so hard to be healthy...
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't avoid any foods - everything in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I know if my mama could do it, baby you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would stay clear of Lean Cuisine. Instead, try to find healthier versions of your fave foods on Pinterest. I do this all of the time & am equally satisfied but the scale is happier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! This is an awesome post! Is it bad that I think about my next meal while eating another meal of the day? :) I do not have time to exercise and I do not like to go for only 30 minutes. If I spent my time sweating I want to do it longer than just getting my heart rate up! For now I watch my intake of certain unhealthy foods. I am a snacker so instead of buying junk food I have started buying more heathy snacks. You are not along in the food battle, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you. That old saying that you should "eat to live, not live to eat" yeah…that's not me. I love food, I love going out to restaurants and I love me a good beer. I love exercising and being healthy, but having a six pack will never be as useful to my happiness as a good cheeseburger. lol. Love the City High reference btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, definitely me too. we order food so much here at work, it's bad for my diet AND my wallet. double whammy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to say, I am TOTALLY AND 100% WITH YOU and am emotional about food. Very much so. Especially chocolate & sweets.
    The only way I found I could diet was by finding substitutes for things I normally eat. And finding low-cal foods that are still good. And realizing that protein is what makes you stay full, and that bread-y carbs don't really do that as much. Like the photo you posted above? Reminded me of one of my favorite dinners: I grill a big portabello mushroom cap, add some low-fat cheese to the top, plus two strips of turkey bacon and onion. Then I toast a low-carb 80-calorie bun and put the "patty" on there, and add a side of steamed veggies. That entire dinner is like 350 calories, and is super filling and yummy!
    Now that I've been eating healthier for a couple years, it's so much easier than it has been in the past. Food actually has been less of an emotional thing, which makes it easier to make smart decisions about what I eat. I still TOTALLY make emotional food decisions at times, but it's certainly less, and enough to maintain a good weight.
    Also, just sayin', "diets" should NEVER mean 1200 calories a day. Ew, I would be such a brat if I had to live off of 1200 calories a day. I eat at least 1400-1500 a day, sometimes 1600-1700 if I put in a ton of cardio at the gym. We were never meant to go hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its all about being self conscious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh man that burger looks amazing

    ReplyDelete