Tuesday, April 30, 2013

the time a dog sat on my face

if any of you follow me on twitter,
you may have seen this tweet on saturday...
and i feel like it deserves a little explanation:


basically, my sister and i decided to babysit on saturday night.
and the family has a large (like 150 lb) black lab.


well, i've made it know on here before, but i am not what people call a "dog person"...
so naturally, i was like STAY AWAY FROM ME, PLEASE.

anna, however thought the dog was "cute"
and called it over as soon as we had plopped all the boys on the couch for a movie.

what she didn't know is that it would leap into our laps,
i would scream at the top of my lungs,
i would try to burrow down into the couch,
and then this would happen:

the dog sat down on my face & head.
literally, it sat right down on me.

well, i was entirely traumatized,
but it was also one of the most hilarious things that has ever happened...
because who can ACTUALLY say that a giant dog has sat on their face???

this girl, that's who.

in the end, after i hid under a blanket for probably 30 minutes in recovery mode,
i was able to laugh about it (and tweet/text/blog about it),
so it wasn't a total failure of a situation...

but you can bet i will be taking precautions from now on
to ensure nothing like that ever happens again.

 photo signaturecopy_zps0650f770.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny! I'm a dog person, but I only like little dogs. One time I was taking a nap on the couch and my tiny dog jumped up and laid down right on my face. It was so weird.

    I'm sorry that this traumatic event happened to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a dog person because these things can happen to people. Dogs are just so slobbery and enthusiastic about everything.

    ReplyDelete