Tuesday, April 16, 2013

when your heart hurts

even though i have no immediate connection to boston,
the tragedy that happened there has saddened me more than i expected.

of course, i was heartbroken over the dark knight rises shooting.
of course, i was heartbroken over the sandy hook shooting.

but to have something so horrific happen for the third time this year,
i just feel like i'm at a loss.

how are there really people in this world who don't value human life at all?
who so carelessly end the lives of so many?

granted, only 3 people (that we know of)
perished in the attack yesterday,
but whoever planted the bombs was probably hoping for more.

does it get any more disturbing than that?

it also doesn't make sense that i'm still living my normal life...
while people were suffering horrible injuries yesterday,
i was driving home from work like nothing had happened.

but what can i do???

 photo signaturecopy_zps0650f770.jpg

2 comments:

  1. The east coast just can't get a break! Sandy, Newton, now this.... i guess things really do happen in 3's ... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m right there with you. I know it’s not the best thing, but I can’t even watch the news or look at news websites…it’s too much for my heart to handle right now. I just pray, pray pray!

    ReplyDelete