Monday, May 20, 2013

who do you blog for?

do you blog for yourself?
or do you blog for your readers?
 do you blog for your friends & family?
or is it a combination of all of the above?

lately, i've been asking myself this question...
everyone out there blogs for a different reason.

but what is mine?
where do i fit in?

if i'm not willing to pay for advertisements,
post 5 times a week,
link-up everyday,
and go crazy with social media,
will anyone still read my blog?

maybe i don't have content that matters to anyone else...
i don't post outfit pictures,
i don't post recipes,
i don't post DIY projects,
i don't post parenting tips...

so what do i have to offer?

all i have right now is my life:
which mostly consists of spending time with andrew when i can,
planning my wedding,
going to work (for the next 2 weeks at least),
and hanging out with people occasionally.

is that stuff interesting to anyone but me?
probably not.
maybe i don't have what it takes to "make it" in the blog world.
but i'm starting to realize that's okay...

it's okay if my follower count doesn't grow everyday.
it's okay if i'm not in a "clique" or i don't have a ton of "blog besties".
it's okay if i write about my life, because it's all that i know.
and you know why?

because i blog for me.
and whoever else feels like reading, i am more than happy to have you :)

and on that note, here is my weekend in a nutshell:


out with friends,
mcdonald's recovery meal,
treating myself to sparkly nails,
& a beautiful sunset.

not too shabby, right???

linking up w/ weekend shenanigans

 photo signaturecopy_zps0650f770.jpg

12 comments:

  1. I blog for me, too! :) I also blog for my kids - it's their online baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog for me and anyone who will read it- whether that is one person or twenty or a hundred. I blog because maybe something I say will make a difference to someone in some small way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I think the same things all the time and I have had to come to the realization that this blog is for me and that's okay! Btw your wedding ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those nail and McDonald's! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blog for me, and hopefully people read it and like it. If not, oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post! I needed to see something like this today. And yay for you wanting to come to Texas and for having a significant other named Andrew (I do, too!) Thanks for making me feel better about just blogging about... what I do, since that's all I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this post. It's exactly how I look at blogging. I don't blog for any other reason then for myself, although I have been lucky to connect with some pretty cool girls! I think it will be fun to look back on one day and see the things I enjoyed during this time in my life and that's my main reason for blogging. It's nice to know that someone else out there feels that way too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so cute. I love your honesty in this post and the reminder that our identity is not found in being a "big-time" blogger. It's okay and wonderful to cater to yourself and blog because you love doing it. :) Thanks again for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love this post and your honesty! Thanks for posting it! And I love your nail photo and your ring is so gorgeous! So sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS POST. That is EXACTLY how I feel. I blog for me. If people read it, awesome. If not, it's okay. It is my way to expressing my experiences, encounters and feelings. If it's a rant about a television show or a recap of the weekend, so be it.

    I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete