Tuesday, June 11, 2013

blogging hiatus (& a recap)

kendahl knew this day was coming...
and it hurts me a little bit to say, but...
i have decided to take a break from blogging.

it's nothing permanent,
it's just that my life is going to be pretty crazy this summer
(what with 3 weddings and moving across the country)
and i don't want blogging to be something i feel "obligated" to do.

 but, before i go, i think it's only fair that i leave you all with pictures,
because my "vacation" last week really was amazing.

andrew and i flew to austin,
where we toured 4 different apartment complexes,
and very happily signed a lease on one!
so we will have a home come july 31 :)


we also had dinner with a few of his work friends,
and got very excited about our future in such an awesome city!


then we ventured back to athens for the second half of the week.
he had a bunch of cleaning/packing/moving stuff to do,
so i spent most of my days & nights with one of my very best friends... shelby!
(see also: i am a giant compared to her, it's cool)


i also managed to kayak down a river with andrew & some of his friends,
but unfortunately we don't have any pictures :(

basically, i'm exhausted after being away from my bed for a week,
but it was sooo worth it!

now i'm going to spend the next 40-ish days,
or less than 6 weeks,
in crazy wedding planning / dieting / traveling mode.

here goes nothing!

 photo signaturecopy_zps0650f770.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I totally understand! I am trying to decide what to do to create balance as I get into the final stages of our wedding planning! I hope it all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss girlfran I am posting only once or twice a week too with this busy summer! Have fun laying out and planning and you know, living the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower :) Welcome to Austin!! I've been living here for the past 4 years and it is the best city in the entire world! You will fall in love :) I have a post about a tourists guide to Austin (http://www.frommeganwithlove.com/2012/08/a-tourists-guide-to-austin.html), documenting my fave places if you need help finding fun things to do in the area! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the area! I love telling people about my city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hey! So, I've kind of been a lurker for a while but I just wanted to comment because I just found out that I'll be moving to Austin at the end of the summer as well. I'm from there actually so I guess I should say I'll be moving back. Buuuuut, just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I love Austin. It's a short drive away from me. I'm hoping to move there sometime in the (near) future. Good luck with the move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog on bloglovin. I seen you are moving to Austin. Good Luck. I moved to Round Rock last year and about died from a heat stroke. Ill be a new follower so I can see the adventures you go on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heyyy :) Just discovered your blog. Love your photos! And all these guest posts! We're having fun over here :)
    xo
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  8. breaks from blogging are the BEST. proud of you & thinking of you, emma!

    ReplyDelete